Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Move

"Here's your check. I've got someone who needs to start Monday, doing what you're doing." "Ok, thanks for everything." But my heart felt heavy with shock . . . . My work had been dwindling for some time, and I was still looking for a new job. I wasn't sure what to do next. A few minutes later, my dad called and asked if I'd go to the food distributor and drive some food over for Dairy Queen (about an hour away). I said sure; I had nothing better to do. But little did I know God had something in the works. As I drove to the food distributor, I got a call from a lady in Clinton asking when I could come for a job interview. I asked if she could see me that afternoon, and she said she could. That was one week ago yesterday.

I've secured a place to live, landed the job, and packed up and moved my apartment since then. I've also had orientation at my new job - about a week's worth of training in 6 hours. I'll be living near Clinton, OK, where my immediate family lives. I'll be neighbors with my landlord, a family from my parents' church. I'll be (the only one) working in the medical records department at a nursing home here in town. So, here I go. Leaving the incredibly beautiful city of OKC that has been my home for almost 8 years and moving to small town, OK. I am nervous about leaving, but excited about the obvious Providence of God. Thanks to all of you who have inquired as to our change, and to those of you who have supported me. I'll have a new blog to tell of my small town adventures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment